Monday, April 20, 2015

Fear

The fear I have identified is more of an anxiety than anything.  I notice it in a lot of ways in my life such as: not wanting to go to places I'm unfamiliar with, not wanting to meet new people, and not wanting to speak out in any social situation where it isn't required (example: my job).  This fear has me not experiencing life.  I have so many aspirations and dreams and goals but I just can't actually go out and get them done.

I have no use of fear in my life.  I really don't.  But yet there it is, lurking beneath the surface whenever I have the random urge to do something outside of my "norm".  This really effects my life in a pretty negative way.  I don't go out and do new or exciting things or go meet new people or travel unless someone literally forces me to do it.  If I had a choice I would have nothing to do with anything of the sort.

This also does nothing positive for my creativity.  I feel like to have creativity one needs to embrace change and new experiences to grow as a person.  If you can grow as a person, I feel your creativity grows with you.  It all depends on your perceptions and experiences.

My fear takes the form of feeling like I'm not adequate for anything or anyone.  But by creating this (not very good) painting of my fear, it kind of takes it outside of me so that I don't have to focus on it anymore.  It's almost like it isn't my problem anymore because it has materialized outside of my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment