Sunday, March 1, 2015

Who am I? What am I doing here?



I wasn't in class to do the whole activity or whatever that went down to get the blind contour drawing, so I was told to do a blind contour drawing of myself.  Here it is in all of it's awesome glory.  It totally looks like a real human being is you squint a lot and tilt your head a solid ninety degrees.

Ha.

Anyways.  I decided to do nothing with this drawing because I couldn't come up with anything.  I feel like that really represents me and what I'm doing here. I have no idea who I am or what I'm doing at any given moment, really.  

Right now I'm still building whatever you build to become someone.  This is a long process.  I've always lived with someone telling me what to do, where to go, what to eat, and what to dress with little to no freedom.  Now I have the opportunity to do all of those things with complete freedom.  So I would argue that I am now starting my journey to figure out who I am.

To answer "What am I doing here?" I would have to say I'm here get help and gain an insight as to where to get help with my journey to being someone.  There is nothing more to that statement and nothing less.  Pretty straight forward, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment