Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Takeaway 2

I think it has something to do with connecting with our inner child.  When we were little we were full of different ideas and aspirations and we didn't have limitations to our imagination.  For me, as I grew up I was told that some of the things I wanted to do weren't practical or I didn't have any support for the ventures I wanted to pursue.  So I dropped them and went after the path my parents wanted me to go.  I’m not saying I don’t appreciate what all they have done for me, but I feel that a lot of their actions have dampened my curiosity and imagination.  In my mind imagination has a lot to do with creativity.  In your imagination anything is possible and ideas can pretty much flow like water.  When someone is trying to think creatively I feel like having a solid connection to your uninhibited imagination is key.

So having our required textbook as a coloring book, something I’m sure a large portion of us had access to when we were young, is a way for us to connect to our inner child.  In a way it’s a connection to our younger, wild imagination because it’s possible that we have just learned to ignore our imagination to succeed the way the world wants us to succeed now a day’s as a cog in the corporate machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment