Monday, February 23, 2015

"Bible" Dipping




Reused is the word we were assigned to create around in class. What the hell do I do with something reused?  First off here is the definition of reuse according to Google:

re·use
verb
rēˈyo͞oz/
  1. 1.
    use again or more than once.
    "the tape could be magnetically erased and reused"
noun
rēˈyo͞os/
  1. 1.
    the action of using something again.
    "the ballast was cleaned and ready for reuse"


The first thing that comes to mind when I think of reused is trash and recycling.  I mean generally we reuse things that we would normally throw away, don't we?  So, yeah, trash.  But I got to thinking early this morning.  Air is something we reuse everyday.  We reuse blood cells until they die after about seven to eight days.  I'm going to do a rough sketch of of the pulmonary system (that's the heart and lungs kids). So the picture above is the larynx, trachea, lungs, and heart.  

It looked too boring and it still kind of does now, but I wanted it to be a little different.  I saw an ashtray that belongs to my roommate and it was full of ashes and cigarette butts.  I dug out all of the butts and dumped the ash into a bowl and added water to make a really watery paint.  I took that watery nastiness and painted in the lungs, larynx, trachea, and heart. 

So yeah, I made a point that we reuse all the air around us AND I actually reused something.  Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment